Monday, March 16, 2009

Shifting Winds with Iraq Reporting on ABC

Reporter's Notebook By TERRY MCCARTHYBAGHDAD, Iraq, March 16, 2009

Tonight ABC World News with Charles Gibson aired, "Iraq: Country Headed in New Direction." I was astonished by the reporting of how life has changed in Iraq, and how a reporter has framed the shift in societal calmness. It seems that I have been bombarded with images of how there is immense trouble in the region. I have watched in the past the reports of deaths of Americans and civilians, or I have read about it daily, but now, as if on a dime, there are citizens/reporters re-framing the view of Iraq's conditions.

Is it that these new changes in "visual propaganda" have been mandated from some persons in positions of higher powers? Is it indeed being done in order to send different messages that are quite stunning compared to the coverage during the Bush Administration? These are the sudden shifts that don't bring me much hope, but instead make me more suspicious of my fellow citizens. How much more politics are we to stand for?

No comments:

Post a Comment